It's here, it's autumn!
Now after the year we've all had we cannot believe how quickly October has come around.
With lots of weddings up in the air, we know some of our brides and grooms are still getting ready to tie the knot this autumn, and lots of others have moved dates, or planning to get wed in Autumn 2021 - so as it's the season of pumpkin spice lattes, crisp leaves, chilly mornings and winter scarves we thought we'd take a look at some of the big autumn/fall wedding trends.
1. Colour - think of all the colours you see at this time of year in nature. The reds, oranges, yellows, deep greens - everything which screams autumn is definitely a favourite colour for weddings from now until Christmas
2. Flowers - again, think of nature's colouring for this season with the gold and red tones and all the warming colours for bouquets, table centres and decor. A big thing coming in right now is that of dried flowers too, which give a wonderfully autumnal feel straight away - and will last for years to come as they are too!
3. Wrap up warm - chunky knits are gracing our wardrobes again, so why not bring them into your wedding too? Guests will be dressing for the weather so why not use your love for the season to add elements of it into your wedding wardrobe as well? You can use big knitted shawls, cardigans and blankets to keep yourselves warm and even wear throughout the day depending on your wedding setting
4. Fairy lights - need we say more? The twinkling glow that these can bring at dusk and after dark is magical and perfect for any wedding
5. Sparklers - some may say these are getting old, a trend well done - but we love them. If your venue allows sparklers can bring guests together of an early evening to celebrate with a warming glow, tying in some of the best bits of this time of year with your wedding day. They can act as a great photo opportunity too
6. Flavours - did we hear someone say chocolate? Warming flavours are great for warming you up from the inside. Think hot chocolate stations, mulled wine or cider welcome drinks, hot soups and warming cinnamon and who can forget the pumpkin spice?
7. Au natural - nature is great at this time of year, so why to incorporate the natural elements? You can use pine cones as table settings, conkers as decorations and crisp coloured leaves for a pop of colour - plus it's free!
8. Candles - warming glow, makes you feel toasty and calm - just want you want of an evening in autumn really and perfect for any wedding day (and at any time too)
9. Sleeves - if you're a bride and thinking of a dress with a slight difference, a sleeve can be a great way to go, plus with the temperatures at this time of year in the UK, there's no chance of getting too hot either
10. Wellies & Brollies - it might be wet! The UK is well known for its wet autumns so if you're tying the knot in this season you'll need to think about wet weather gear (unless you're planning on doing everything inside). Wellington boots and umbrellas needn't be a horrible sight though, use them as decorations, photo props and get everyone involved. The rain can create beautiful photos too!